12/24/09

Last week I had apostrophy... a-pastry.... I had a something, kind of like an idea, and I asked our good friends if I could use them to play it out.

The wife was due with their first child in just a couple days and I had a before / after tritych idea that I wanted to do after the style of my favorite editorial photographer Dan Winters. I did some test shots the day before to get the lighting right...


(My wife is my favorite model. She is beautiful and fun to work with in front and behind the camera.)

Then I asked them to come over for a shoot. They were so fun and easy in front of the camera it really made it fun. They were willing to try all of my crazy ideas. Not to mention that even at full-term our friend, Erica, was beautiful. She is the kind of person that simply radiates light.




I tell you all this now (before I have finished the project) because she gave birth to their boy this very day, Christmas Eve. A 9 pound 6 ounce 21 and three quarter inch bouncing baby boy which, until they give me a real name, I shall be calling Bartholomeu.


Congratulations Erica and JD!!!
and

Merry Christmas to You All!!!

6 comments:

mo said...

Love the shots you posted and can't wait to see the finished idea! Merry Christmas & congrats to your lovely friends.

mo said...

PS: What you had was an epiphany! But pastries are good to have, too!

Lee said...

Merry Christmas to you! I love your site and your photos. I'm a hobbyist who is inspired by artists like you. Thanks.

Oscarson Photography said...

Thanks Mo! Merry Christmas!!

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too, Lee!!

Emma Jo said...

She really does radiate, so pretty. I love maternity shots (not the naked ones draped in fabric, mind you) but the sweet, loving, glowing Mom to be. I love love love the lighting, clear, crisp but soft.
Congratulations Erica and JD!

Suzie Petunia said...

Those shots really are beautiful! I wish you were around to take a few maternity shots of me right now. Now that I know for a fact this one will be our last, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for the maternity look. I know I just feel "fat" now, but I'll look back and marvel. So how 'bout it... a little cross country trip? Can you make me look as gorgeous as this lady? Congrats to her, by the way!