3/20/10


Life recently has been wonderfully normal. I hope that someday when I am bored or feel that life has become 'stale' I will remember this time when I got to spend all day with my amazing wife; running, cleaning, playing games, shopping... It's the warm weather, I know. Just as the long dark days of winter create a dark backdrop for my life for three months, daylight saving time (the DUMBEST invention ole Ben ever thought up) and warm wind fill every moment of my day with a feeling of hope and a resolute good nature.

And it is not a feeling you get numbed too either. Every day of my life in Hawaii I woke up with this same profound feeling of well being. My windows were made of slates that let the rain in, my house had no air conditioning, there was plenty at school and work to supply a steady supply of stress but, ... I was never very stressed. I just knew that nothing had to happen immediatly and it would be ok.

I digress. I finished the baby shots we had done a month ago and needed an outlet for my creative moments last night...

Sometimes I just have to do SOMETHING. Another night this week this was it.








Last night we did an update session for the couple we took baby pictures for last month. I'll post them as soon as they're done.

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I think I understand what you mean...utter contentment and peace with life in general. It may be because you have an awesomely photogenic and kind wife. I am excited to see more of the baby pics!

michaelstubbs said...

Once upon a time, I lived in a cabin in Alaska with my wife and baby. I felt good then.

Amy Lynn said...

Contentment. Satisfaction. Triumphant...like I made it through a big storm and have emerged from the other side. That is always what leaving winter and welcoming spring feels like to me. You are such a poetic writer!